Sunday, July 8, 2007

One Down, Two To Go

At last, Matt and Chelsea have been united in marriage. I couldn't be happier unless it was my own wedding. Witnessing them exchanging their vows yesterday made me much more excited for my own future. I imagined Whitney and I in their places as the ceremony took place, and I realize now the emotional wreck that I will be that day. Since Matt and Chelsea have waited so long and I know what it meant to them to finally be joined together, I was deeply moved by their smiles, laughter, and tears of joy. All of this even got me a little choked up. I can only hope that the wedding of Whitney and me will be equally fun. It was enjoyable to spend the day with half the people that I love.

Many people have assured me that the next 10 months (plus a handful of days) will fly by. I'm not so sure. Since moving to Parkersburg, I have found the days to drag on very slowly, and it is more and more difficult for me to go back after a wonderful weekend at home with Whitney. It will take strength, which I can only pray for, to endure the many months ahead at work. Whitney's constant reassurance and encouragement are all that allow me to stay positive.

So, I will continue. Whitney and I will press on through the days which we are apart and look forward to those when we will be together. We will use the experiences of Chelsea and Matt throughout their wedding and planning to our benefit, and their new found happiness will give us hope and something to look forward to.

No comments: