Monday, July 9, 2007

Fools Rush In

I know that I have been posting like crazy. Some of it is due to the fact that it is new and something interesting to do. I realize that there is a chance I will get burnt out eventually. In the meantime, while I have fuel, I shall feed the fire. Subjects, to which I can relate easily, seem to be coming from every direction. As long as this is the case, I will continue to blog until my heart is content.

Today's lesson came from a bookmark that I purchased while at Praises with Whitney a week or two ago. Last night, rather than reading on in the Silmarillion (a Tolkien classic), I decided to read from my bible first. I read an introductory section to the gospel according to Matthew, which was quite lengthy, and when I had finished, I placed my newest bookmark where I left off. Now, it was Sunday night, and I just returned to Parkersburg for work on Monday. Needless to say, I was in need of a pick-me-up because I missed Whitney and home as usual. The many tasks that lay before me at work were also weighing heavily on my mind. So, before I closed my bible and put it in its usual place on my dresser, I read the bookmark. It goes something like this: "The Difference"

I got up early one morning and rushed right into the day;
I had so much to accomplish, that I didn't have time to pray.
Problems just tumbled about me; and heavier came each task.
"Why doesn't God help me?" I wondered. He said, "You didn't ask."
I wanted to see joy and beauty, but the day toiled on, gray and bleak;
I wondered why God didn't show me. He said, "But you didn't seek."
I tried to come into God's presence, I used all my keys at the lock.
God gently and lovingly chided, "My child, you didn't knock."
I woke up early this morning, and paused before entering the day;
I had so much to accomplish that I had to take time to pray.

Have no anxiety about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. - Philippians 4:6

So, I prayed. You wouldn't believe the difference it made... unless you tried it for yourself.

No comments: