Sunday, July 1, 2007

A New Era

I have officially entered into the world of blogging. First and foremost, the title of my blog is from a t-shirt in which M.E. stands for mechanical engineering, which I am studying, and it should not suggest that I am totally self-centered. The purpose of this blog is definitely not to showcase my life. Rather, I feel that I can share some of my experiences. My opposition to blogging was short lived because, after I was urged to read the blogs of others including Matt, Chelsea, Mark, the Bobbs, and others, I realized the opportunity for a whole new means of communication with some of my greatest friends. Also, the possible use of the internet for good purposes such as praising God has also contributed to my desire for this new hobby.

I am back in Parkersburg, West Virginia for another week at my co-op experience with GE Plastics. Although I have already found this job exciting and challenging, the transition has been difficult for me thus far. It is not easy for me to leave my family, especially my twin brother with whom I have lived for 22 years, or Whitney week after week. Every time that I feel discouraged or sad due to loneliness or other difficulties, I compare my hardships to the suffering of our Lord. Maybe it's not so bad after all... Have you compared those things that you find difficult or complain about with the suffering of Christ lately? In fact, these things that I am dealing with seem quite petty in comparison to many of the troubles of others around me. So, I am challenging myself to help others as I am able rather than complain about my own problems. I have also found exercise to be a wonderful stress reliever throughout the week.

Lastly, I want to take this blogging opportunity to give some much-deserved thanks. I am so thankful for my families (my true family and the Halls). Without their love and continuous support coupled with the skills and resources given to me by God, I would not be where I am today. These blessings in my life have made everything possible. I look forward to blogging again soon.

3 comments:

Jon Mark Hall said...

Welcome to the 'geekworld' of bloggernation. Stay focused and don't drink the water. :-)

chelsea said...

I am stoked about this!

Matt Bruning said...

Stoked? hehehehehe. I'm excited Damnon! This post makes me feel better about dancing at our wedding reception today. I figure God will get a little chuckle out of it. Maybe Chelsea will too...once her toes heal.